5/22/11

Can I get chicken pox from someone who has shingles?


Can I get chicken pox from someone who has shingles?One of my relatives is geting Chemotherapy....and after her last shot she got shingles....I've never had chickenpox, neither have I gotten the vaccination! So can i get Chickenpox from a person with shingles? I'm 23, is it too late to get the vaccine, so I'd never have to worry about getting chickenpox?

Answer by Doodlebug
Yes, you can...stay away from this person for sure.....chicken pox when you're older is horrible...and let me tell you, you don't want it...

Answer by leepee67
yes you can.

Answer by branbran
i think u can get the vaccine...but u will catch chicken pox if ur around shingles...stay away

Answer by Nicole n
Yes You can, and I would get vaccinated for Chicken Pox as soon as possible.

Answer by Katie
I'm not sure, but herpes is also in this category. I'm just saying it is a virus so be careful

Give your answer to this question below! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: Can I get chicken pox from someone who has shingles?

No comments:

Post a Comment