5/19/11

Adult breakthrough chickenpox... how long does it last for?


Adult breakthrough chickenpox... how long does it last for?No one believed me at first, even I didn't, and was give all sorts of over the counter things for what everyone though was an allergic reaction to something new.
However, I went to the doctor, who chuckled a bit, because being a young woman of 22, who has been vaccinated for chickenpox (years ago like four of those shots as a kid), this isn't supposed to happen.
But it does, once in a blue moon...

It's crazy, everywhere, don't even know if it's breakthrough really cos it's more than it should be if it was... Whatever. I need to sort my life out, and I have finally started reacting positively to a lot of things, and I don't need to lie around, eat too much and... Considering I am living alone at the moment, its almost funny, the second I'm active and not so *depressed* I'm sent back to bed so as to not affect others / or look gross around them.

QUESTION:
Has this happened to any of you... How long did it last for? Seriously, I want my life, which I was only just like (within a week) starting to live again!

ps: all that herpes/shingles stuff does not apply, I have never had chickenpox before (my mother / aunties confirmed this).

Answer by branbran
Chicken pox when ur an adult is a serious matter ............if u have a fever........im going to assume u dont since ur doctor laughed and u just broke out ....it will only last like 2 weeks and its gross and itchy and it could scare so dont scratch.....

Answer by Lisa
It's not so rare. The chickenpox vaccine is not very effective. Remember this when you have kids. It's better to get childhood illnesses as a child, instead of trying your whole life to prevent them with endless vaccine boosters.

You are no longer contagious once the last pox starts to crust over. You'll still have noticeable spots, but you won't be contagious.

What do you think? Answer below! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: Adult breakthrough chickenpox... how long does it last for?

No comments:

Post a Comment