5/25/11

Are Chicken Pox scabs contagious?


Are Chicken Pox scabs contagious?I'm going through Chicken Pox. All the blisters have turned into scabs. Are the scabs still infectious?

Answer by Terp09
No. (See source)

Answer by Mary C
I think Chicken Pox is mostly contagious in the early, 'coming on,' stage. When my kids had it, the doctor said it was okay for them to go back to school when the poxes had 'scabbed over.' (But they felt they looked so ugly, they wanted to wait another week to go back to school. I let them.)

Hope you recover soon! Yuk! What an ugly disease!

Add your own answer in the comments! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: Are Chicken Pox scabs contagious?

1 comment:

  1. I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article. Good luck to the author! All the best!
    weightlosstop

    ReplyDelete