5/14/11

Can newborns get chicken pox?


Can newborns get chicken pox?My niece (5 months old and breastfeeding) has chicken pox, and I was with her all week. I haven't had them before, so it is probably incubating right now, and I might be contagious. My friend just had twins this morning, and I don't want to give them chicken pox first thing, but I want to see them.
Is it possible for them to get it?

Answer by Grandma6
See them, don't touch them or kiss them, though.

Answer by D
If you have been exposed to chicken pox I would stay as far away from those babies as possible until you are sure you can't be contagious. The incubation for chicken pox can be long. It is not worth the risk of transmission if you happen to be carrying the virus. Such illnesses are very serious in newborns and you do not want to risk their health.

Answer by the good life
It is possible for anyone who has not been previously exposed to the chicken pox virus to become infected with it. If you think there is a possibility that you are incubating it right now, the responsible thing to do is to not see your friends babies.

Answer by New moma!
Of course they can get it.
You should stay away from them until you've had your breakout, or until you know for sure you didn't catch it.

Answer by Ms. Dior
yes they can, if exposed to it

What do you think? Answer below! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: Can newborns get chicken pox?

No comments:

Post a Comment