5/14/11

My 7 months old baby girl has chicken pox and I don't know what to do. She is covered :(?


My 7 months old baby girl has chicken pox and I don't know what to do. She is covered :(?I noticed the first spot on Monday and now she is covered with them. (its Saturday) I thought 5 days later she wouldn't be getting any new ones but she woke up this morning with her back and belly full of them. She has them all over her head and a few in her mouth. Is that normal chicken pox ? She cries all day. I have been giving her benadryl and I paint her with calamine lotion. Anything else I should do ? Poor baby. She wakes me up every hour of the night.

Answer by tabi_cat1023
Oatmeal baths help with itching, make sure to call your doctor too.

Answer by Bethypoo
Give her an oatmeal bath, this will help relieve the itching. And whatever you do don't let her scratch. If she's rubbing her skin at all put mittens on her hands. Scratching will cause scarring. If it doesn't get any better by Monday call her pediatrician.

Answer by Jillian
yes it's normal- i got them everywhere- even down my throat. there's not much you can do. once she does not get any new spot and all he spots are scabbed she is no longer contagious

Answer by mom of two wonderful boys
you could probably also give her some tyenol or motrin but you are doing all you can, hang in there. contagisness and and the lasting of it is a duriation of 2 weeks. so itll be done soon. good luck poor baby.

Answer by Denis R
calamine lotion

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: My 7 months old baby girl has chicken pox and I don't know what to do. She is covered :(?

No comments:

Post a Comment