5/21/11

Do I need to get a Chicken Pox Vaccination im 22?


Do I need to get a Chicken Pox Vaccination im 22?I am a fraternal triplet and have never had chicken pox before. My brothers both have had them at a young age but I never got them. According to my mother we were all vaccinated but I'm not to sure if I should trust her word or not. Anyway, I was wondering if I should get a Chicken Pox Vaccination shot just to be safe. Will this shot prevent me from contracting chicken pox in the future or just lessen the risk and symptoms?

Answer by CarolinaSun
At 22 it might be wise to get vaccinated since having chicken pox can be much more serious as an adult. The vaccination does not absolutely prevent you from getting chicken pox 100%, however if you do contract the disease, the symptoms should not be as severe. The Varicella vaccine is given in two doses, given at least one month apart.

What do you think? Answer below! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: Do I need to get a Chicken Pox Vaccination im 22?

No comments:

Post a Comment