5/21/11

For those of you who had the chicken pox as an adult?


For those of you who had the chicken pox as an adult?Okay folks, I'm 20 and have a very awful case of the chicken pox..I'm looking for people who have had the chicken pox as an ADULT..What did you do ensure they weren't going to leave scars? Did you use any cream/remedy to help them dry/go away faster? How long after the pox dry over, does it take for the actual red mark to go away? Now, I'm just going to make a note ya'll that I'm very well aware that I AM contagious! I read other posts here about chicken pox and all these people were rambling "your contagious your contagious", i'm aware i'm contagious and i also know what the chicken pox ARE..i'm a nurse..I'm on an anti viral med acyclovir..but I didn't start taking it until about 2 days after the pox showed up...I'm not sure if it will be any help..But I'm sure someone here will be able ot help :) I'd appreciate anything concerning this! Thank you all very much!!!
Also feel free to share your experience, i'd really enjoy that!!! That way I don't feel so alone in the world..with all these stares!

Answer by BabyLove0615
I did not have chicken pox as an adult - However - I have heard that Maderma is really good with healing skin so that it doesn't scar or scars less.

Answer by Rudy
I got mine when I was 37. I had 2 days of a horrible fever, then the pox broke out. I was off work for a week and went crazy from the itching. I took oatmeal baths which did help a little. It took over two weeks for the marks to disappear. Luckily I wasn't able to shave, so I grew a beard to help cover them up.

Good Luck.

Answer by Siempre
Well, if it helps - you're not the only one going this misery right now - I'm 24 and came down with chicken pox last Monday.. Went to see the doctor immediately who said it was a mild case and would heal itself. But things got worse over the next few days - and after seeing the doctor again, I was prescribed Acyclovir (actually, the same as you - 2 days after the pox showed up in worrying strength). The doctors I saw said they hadnt prescribed it to anyone before, but they had read/heard that it helps. I'm actually feeling much better, although the marks are ever-present.

I'll admit to being a little vain (i'm terribly goodlooking - haha) and my main concern is really about the scars... The doctors I consulted said it could weeks, but a friend of mine (also a doctor) said that they should go away in a week or so - given that i dont scratch them. I've been pretty good about that, so fingers crossed. Please let me know if you find anything to help the healing process.

What do you think? Answer below! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: For those of you who had the chicken pox as an adult?

No comments:

Post a Comment