5/20/11

I am 5 weeks pregnant and my sister has the chicken pox?


I am 5 weeks pregnant and my sister has the chicken pox?I haven't been around her since but my mom takes care of my son while I work but also has not been around her she avoids him. Last night he was itching and today I saw a like an insect bite on his arm I don't know if it's the chicken pox. But also he was in the pool on Saturday and Tuesday and got tanned and it could be a insect bite like a mosquito. But if he would to get the chicken pox would it harm my baby. I already had the chicken pox when I was little.

Answer by Vicky
If you already had the chicken pox your body has the immunity and this will protect your unborn baby. S/he'll be fine -- but be vigilant anyway, because it could make you feel run down if your body has to fight it. Get some antibacterial handwipes at the ready and clean your son's hands when he gets home from being outside and with your Mum.

Answer by Mommy of 3
If you have had the chicken pox then you more than likely won't get them again. Your body builds an immunity to them once you get them. You should be fine, but if not make sure to take yourself to the doctor if you notice any symptoms on your body.

Answer by martha
If you have already had them then you shouldn't worry

Answer by Cassadee
it might just relax cuz if the baby gets it that's all it gonna do .

Answer by Irritated Lactivist
Nope, your unborn baby would be fine. If you were around someone with rubella and you did not have immunity to that, then your baby would be at risk of problems.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: I am 5 weeks pregnant and my sister has the chicken pox?

No comments:

Post a Comment