5/19/11

I got chicken pox on 20th week of pregnancy. Wld my baby get affected?


I got chicken pox on 20th week of pregnancy. Wld my baby get affected?Now I'm in my 29th week, I got infected with chicken pox on my 20th week(19 w 5 days), recovered in a weeks time with Aciclover tablets (4 times a day for 7 days). I dint have fever during the week. All the websites say chances of baby getting affected will be 2% upto 20th week. As I was exactly on 20th week I dont know what to expect. My u/s on 23rd week says there is no major abnormalities. But I'm highly scared what might have gone wrong with the baby. Are there any ladies out there who happend to have chicken pox during pregnancy and had healthy babies?
Yes i did speak to my doc. He said as the scan says there r no major abnormalities , u r safe but as there is 2% chances any minor abnormalities may be present but he says that can't be seen in an U/S. So its jus wait untill the baby is born. So i'm jus curious to know if any lady experienced the same.

Answer by ChrissyLove123
I would expect that some time in the last 9 weeks you would have spoken to your doctor about this?

TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR.

Answer by Belinda G
ONLY YOUR DR WOULD KNOW

Answer by richo
i wouldn't think it would harm ya baby but be sure ask ya doc they know more bout the subject.

What do you think? Answer below! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: I got chicken pox on 20th week of pregnancy. Wld my baby get affected?

No comments:

Post a Comment