5/23/11

i have chicken pox, im 21. it sucks to get it as an adult, any suggestions or tips or home remedies etc?


i have chicken pox, im 21. it sucks to get it as an adult, any suggestions or tips or home remedies etc?its really sucks!!

Answer by teruterubozu
isolate yourself and apply some calamine lotion

Answer by David S
i got that when i was 7
i was told that picking on them will leave scars
so what did i do..pick on them and yep they were right they did leave scars

try and using chamomile lotion, this will help with the itchiness
your lucky you got it at 21,
They say you only get them once ,so enjoy

Answer by minute
dont pick the scabs they will scar dab with camomile lotion not nice being white but the itchness will pass . u caught it 2 weeks ago it takes 2 week to incubate in ur body ur still infectious to other people till the scabs break out ..plent rest dvds etc take carexxx

Answer by starla_o0
do not pick them whatever you do! The will leave scars. I somehow got away from my Mum when i was 5 (she watched me like a hawk so i wouldn't pick them!) and picked one on the side of my nose. There is still a scar there and I'm 22

Calmomile lotion is by far the best for soothing the itching!Ever see the south park where cartman has a bath in the stuff! That would be heaven for you - but not very economical! Just buy some and dab it on using cotton wool

Don't worry, it will be over soon!

Answer by LAJOIE2007
I'm 28 and have them right now...yes it does suck!!! Unfortunately, I developed myocarditis as a result of these pox so I'm taking anti-virals four times a day...Watch out for any shortness of breath or the development of a cough..it may mean your heart is enlarged or that a pneumonia is starting...(these are some of the complications of the pox at the adult stage) - go see a doctor if you develop these symptoms - ER preferably.

Anyway, outside of that what I've been doing is taking baths with a combination of oatmeal (Aveeno has a bath mix), epsom salts, calamine and a few drops of tea tree oil about 3 times a day - really good. I've also used Head & Shoulders (contains zinc which is apparently good for skin infections) for my hair and used a dryer on cool setting to dry myself off rather than a towel.

Outside of the baths, I've been applying a fantastic cream called Sarna P (more effective than the Aveeno cream) which contains a surface anaesthetic, camphor and menthol - really keeps your face cool and itch free for a good hour or two. In addition to that I've been applying some more tea tree oil and chamomile on cold compresses to the affected areas...really brings the swelling down.

As for diet, I've been making alot of smoothies (banana, strawberry, blueberries, fat-free yogurt and some honey), eating popsicles, chicken (hah) soup, some salad - light things as was recommended by my doctor....also have been taking a lot of vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin E.

It's day 5 for me and already my temperature has stabilized, the swelling has gone down significantly, I have not seen any new spots developing, and things are starting to look up (I was told though to take the full two-weeks off work especially since my heart was affected) so hang in there and get better soon! Hope I've helped.

EDIT: As others have said....don't touch them...as tempting as it is...and get plenty of rest. And don't take any ASPIRIN...believe it or not...as an adult you could still get Reye's syndrome because of the pox. Take Tylenol and/or Ibuprofen for pain and fever.

What do you think? Answer below! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: i have chicken pox, im 21. it sucks to get it as an adult, any suggestions or tips or home remedies etc?

No comments:

Post a Comment