5/22/11

Immue to chickenpocks?


Immue to chickenpocks?I am 27 now, and I have been around chickenpox when I grew up. My older brother and younger sister have both had chickenpox. Everyone in my family has had ether the chickenpox or measles. How would I know if I am immune to them or not? I know as you get older it is more dangerous for you if you get the chickenpox or measles.
I already have a bad heart from birth, I would like to know if I am immune or not. So I don't have to worry about my nephew or kids when I have kids.
So what I am asking is how do I know if I am immune or not?

Answer by Daniel
You had better go see your heart doctor

Answer by Joey
Your able to obtain chicken pocks until you actually get it yourself. Once you've obtained it and gotten over it you are immune to it because your body builds an immunity to it.
Measles is the next step after that, you see you never necessarily fully rid of the chicken pox from your body so sometimes it can come back but a bit differently which is known as measles.
So in order for you to get measles you'd have to have had chicken pox and also like I said if you've had the chicken pox before you are already immune otherwise you are not.

Answer by SSP Bowl Dude
You can get tested to see if the antibodies are present. Just ask your doctor.

It's possible you had chicken pox but had no or few outward symptoms
Were you vaccinated?

Answer by bd
did you just watch the south park ep?? lol i Just did. I've heard of people never having it so i would think yes its possible your immune but don't risk it stay away from little kids who have it do your best its all you can do... nothing to stress about

Answer by bjk1961
Don't take any chances. Adult chickenpox is called shingles and it is the most painful thing ever.

Go to your doctor and get a vaccination.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: Immue to chickenpocks?

No comments:

Post a Comment