5/24/11

Is it possible to get one IgG titer for a couple of immunizations?


Is it possible to get one IgG titer for a couple of immunizations?I misplaced my immunization card and I was wondering if it's possible to get ONE IgG titer for MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) AND varicella?

I don't want to get too many shots bc I need 3 other shots aside from what I just mentioned. Ouch.

Is that possible to just get one?

Answer by Lisa K
These are four separate blood tests- but they should be able to get them from one blood draw. If you need the vaccines it would be two shots- the MMR and the varicella, which would be given at the same time and the MMR repeated in 1 month or more and the varicella repeated in 3 months or more for people under age 13 and in 1 month for those 13 and over. For those 12 months to 12 years there is a combined MMR-varicella.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: Is it possible to get one IgG titer for a couple of immunizations?

No comments:

Post a Comment