5/22/11

URGENT!! Vaccination information needed!!!?


URGENT!! Vaccination information needed!!!?My father has a low immune system because of cancer treatments, and my son spends a lot time with him. Well my son got his first Chickenpox vaccination today and I was wondering if my dad needs to stay away from him and if so, how long? please help me ASAP!!!!!

Answer by loriann_sunsfan
Not at all. Your son's vaccination for Chicken Pox, will not effect your dad in the least. My dad has stage 4 lung cancer (never smoked) he's 87. My entire family did oodles of research and learning about his susceptibilities to illness, his immune system, you name it.

Your dad will be just fine around and even holding his grandson.

Answer by GOING ON 3,ITS A BOY!!
yes. has your dad had chicken pox? if not it could seriously hurt him. if so, it isn't as worrisome, but i would take a day away just to be safe. the chicken pox vaccine is actually the chicken pox itself, only in a different form. that is why they tend to run fever, have a runny nose, and body aches. also, some people, alot actually, have a gene that causes shingles. it is carried over from when they had chicken pox earlier in life. it is terrible. my dad and friend had it. not everyone can carry the gene, its not hereditary either, so they cannot determine who can contract it. it just comes out years later in the form of shingles. good luck-and stay on the safe side, especially with your dads low immune system.

What do you think? Answer below! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: URGENT!! Vaccination information needed!!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment