5/19/11

What will I do, My chickenpox vaccine may have failed me?


What will I do, My chickenpox vaccine may have failed me?I am 20 years old, and It seems that I caught the pox right now... Why so?

Answer by dijon
Vaccine immunity wanes over time. The normal schedule that chickenpox vaccine is given is at 15 months of age and then between 4-6 years of age. You are 20 now, the protective effects of the vaccine may have worn off. Hopefully your body still retained some of its effects and it won't be as bad as it would if you never got vaccinated.

Answer by pkybrlvr
Because no vaccine is 100% effective, and the chickenpox vaccine has one of the lowest success rates. The good news is that now that you've had the chicken pox you'll have real immunity to it in the future.

Answer by autismcaregiver
That is why it is better to get the chickenpox as a child, and then you will have lifetime immunity. Vaccinations only offer temporary "immunity". So now there are problems with adults getting these childhood diseases and getting it more severe as an adult. I think that this vaccination is pointly. It also has aborted fetal cells in it. not cool. Probably also formaldehyde, mercury, etc. I think the risks far outweigh the benefit.
http://www.thinktwice.com
http://educatebeforeyouvaccinate.com/

Answer by Big K
It is going to be impossible to figure out why it failed if it indeed did. Perhaps your genetic makeup could affect the vaccine. The good news is that you will now have lifetime immunity against poxvirus once you recover so tough it out and you will be OK.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: What will I do, My chickenpox vaccine may have failed me?

No comments:

Post a Comment