5/21/11

Any Doctors out there? I have a 9 year old daughter with JRA.?


Any Doctors out there? I have a 9 year old daughter with JRA.?She was just exposed to shingles, which has the same virus as chickenpox. Because of the JRA getting chickenpox can be very serious. My question is, What kind of risk does this put her at? The exposure is at school from a little boy that sits right beside her. I would appreciate any and all medical advice. Thanks.
She does see a doctor
(a Pediatric Rhuematologist) every 2-3 months. I am just wanting a second or third opinion about the shingles situation. I am a bit concerned about it.

Answer by Joy M
Why don't you go see a doctor? That is more than likely your greatest resource, they exist for a reason.

Answer by Ann M
You really need to take her to her doctor since JRA affects each child differently.

What do you think? Answer below! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: Any Doctors out there? I have a 9 year old daughter with JRA.?

No comments:

Post a Comment