5/18/11

Can any one tell me the name of a breastfeeding rash?


Can any one tell me the name of a breastfeeding rash?I have a 1 month old and have been breastfeeding since he was born. On Halloween night,I got a fever that lasted for 2 days, Then I developed a skin rash starting at my breasts and began spreading. Now I am covered with it. I can't figure out what it is and have read somewhere that there is a rash associated with breastfeeding and wondered if this could be related. Do you know what this rash is called so that I could look up more info. on it? I have already seen 2 doctors and their diagnosis are conflicting. I really don't know much about nursing related things. Thanks!

Below are two images of the rash that I have. They look simaler to chickenpox, though niether of my doctors think it is that. My primary thinks that it is a staff infection, and my gynacologists says that it may be scabies. I am so confused.


(Image one)

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad171/mybandslang/101_0760.jpg?t=1290473761


(Image 2)

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad171/mybandslang/101_0759.jpg?t=1290473801

Answer by Heidi Goncalves
Its called "pups". It seems to be pretty common

Answer by Kylie B
its not pupps ..
i had that and its only during pregnancy .

but sorry no ideas

What do you think? Answer below! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: Can any one tell me the name of a breastfeeding rash?

No comments:

Post a Comment