5/22/11

Chicken pox or what?


Chicken pox or what?I awoke last night with bite like marks on my stomach, hips, ankles and back. Our animals are always treated for fleas and in 7 yrs we have never had flea bites. I am 31 and had chicken pox mildly when I was 5. I was around someone the other who may have had chicken pox but my bumps don't look pussy (atleast yet anyway). They look like a mosquito bite just less itchy at the moment. I have been sick the past week, caughing, having trouble breathing but have not started any new medication. I don't believe this is any type of allergic reaction. I hate to go to the Dr. if it's nothing but I also want to go cause if it's chicken pox I don't want to spread it. The other 2 family members woke up with nothing on their bodies. My daughter has had the chicken pox vaccine. Do chicken pox blister right away?Ok, now itching again, it comes and goes. Been running a fever. When I search for pictures, they all look the same, I can't tell. Any insite would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Answer by greydoc6
Recurrences of chicken pox do occur if the initial case was very mild, but rarely. The lesions look initially like pink bumps, but within a day they blister and rapidly crust over. Lesions may be in various stages. Fever is usually mild, except in cases where the outbreak is severe.

Are you sure you don't have hives? They can be due to allergies, and sometimes even result from viral infections. Bed bug infestations have been in the news lately, but they do not cause fever. Sorry, that's the best I can do.

Answer by eclectic_78
Since you woke up with these bite-like marks, and no one else has them, I would suggest you look into bed bugs/bedbugs being the cause. I know that sounds gross, but they are more common than people think.
Since everyone's immune systems and body chemistries are different, there can be many different manifestations clinically, histologically, and immunologically. The bites on one person may look very different from the bites on another person.
If you have a significant other that sleeps in the same bed, but he/she doesn't seem to have the bites, it is possible that you are on the "bed bug side" of the bed. Bugs tend to aggregate together when they are resting. Bed bugs don't switch back and forth from one host to another so if they find you first, you may be the only one bitten. It is also possible that your S/O is getting bitten but does not have a significant reaction to the bed bug bites.
Either way, the safest thing is to get checked out by a doctor. Get someone to inspect your room thoroughly for bed bugs. They don't just hide in the bed - they can and will hide anywhere. Their attractant is not the bed itself, but the host lying in the bed - namely you.
Best of luck in taking care of whatever's causing your bumps...

Give your answer to this question below! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: Chicken pox or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment