5/24/11

Help me out with this please?


Help me out with this please?I am aware that this question is in the pregnancy section...I wanted to put it here because everywhere else gives limited answers and most of the women (and men) on here are parents.( I am pregnant too though.Lol) My daughter is 2 and this appeared today on her back, neck, chest, stomach, and her diaper area......do you know what this could be? Does it look like chicken pox? She has no fever, nothing has changed like food or soap.


http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/5352/s5008030oj8.jpg

Answer by Jeanne D
to me it just look like a heat rash or something like that i don't think it's chicken pox's

Answer by Mandee
I am not sure what that is but you need to get her to a doctor tomorrow. It may not be anything serious but a doctor needs to see that.

Answer by alexandria1_1999
To me it does not look like chicken pox. I would take her to the doc to be on the safe side. My son gets mystery rashes ALL THE TIME, they like to start at night. Benedryl helps with the itching but no cause has ever been found. Obviously in his case he has some sort of allergy that has yet to be pinpointed, maybe she has the same kind of thing. He is now 8 and we still have this problem, it also likes to show up when he gets sick Good luck.

Answer by gracie
It does not look like chicken pox... They look like little blisters. Is she itchy? If so, it may be hives. Give her a bath with Aveeno or some cornstarch and see if that helps. If it does not clear up in a day or 2 I would take her to the doctor.'
Very Best Wishes!

Answer by Breecan2
My kiddo just had the exact same looking stuff all over him. I can't tell you what her's is (I'm not a doc) but I can tell you what his was/is ... a viral infection. Meaning... there is nothing you can do for it. No meds... Nothing it goes away on its own.

I called the nurses hotline at my docs office and they had me describe the rash and asked a ton of questions and then said it sounded like a virus.

They told me that if it blisters or starts itching him to bring him in cause it could be something more serious but also said that rashes are hardly ever anything serious anymore.

OH!! They told me whatever I do not to give him Benadryl. They told me that whatever it was we didn't want to supress the rash we need to be able to watch it just in case it changes to something more concerning.

Give your answer to this question below! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: Help me out with this please?

No comments:

Post a Comment