5/19/11

I have Chicken pox and my mom is buying Aveeno oatmeal bath treatment, is that good?


I have Chicken pox and my mom is buying Aveeno oatmeal bath treatment, is that good?I got the chicken pox recently-Sunday Morning, and it is now Wednesday evening. I am 12 years old and my chicken pox are spreading everywhere the most is on my face! I dont have that much on my stomach but a lot on my back I have some on the private area and huge looking boils on my thighs and some on my arms and armpits, so is it okay if I take a bath in Aveeno Oatmeal? btw does the water have to be cold, hot,or lukewarm? and how long do I have to soak my body in it? thanks for helping :)

Answer by mgunnycappo
it's good and should help. cold water's best and you should soak for about 30 minutes.

Answer by Insane_mad_maniak
oatmeal is fantastic for it. also calamine lotion.

Answer by Frances&Lexie B
um yes the aveeno will help... ALOT and i dont think the water tempature matters at all and around 15 to 25 minutes it might burn but it will be ok hope you get better

Answer by horsebarn_mom
Aveeno oatmeal is great for chicken pox. You can have the water ANY temp you want and stay in as long as you want. The longer the better..you can always add more water.

source: My daughter had chicken pox a couple years ago..when she was 15.

Answer by Brown Eyes
Aveeno Oatmeal bath will help soothe the itchiness associated with chickenpox.

Soak your body in it 3 or 4 times a day, depending on how itchy you are.

Use lukewarm water.....hot water will make you itch more and cold will just be plain uncomfortable.

And don't scratch your chickenpox.....it may cause scarring.

Hope you heal fast! : )

What do you think? Answer below! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: I have Chicken pox and my mom is buying Aveeno oatmeal bath treatment, is that good?

No comments:

Post a Comment