5/20/11

I have chicken pox what is the effect if possibly I get pregnant?


I have chicken pox what is the effect if possibly I get pregnant?My chicken pox started April 26 then I take medicine Aciclovir Cyclostad 4x a day and cepalexin 3 x day. If ever I get pregnant what will happen to fetuce? But I'm expecting my period this may 11 2010.

Answer by amu
First of all, check if you're pregnant. If you were pregnant at the time you had chicken pox, it is very dangerous for your fetus. This infection may lead to spontaneous abortion, fetal demise, and varicella embryopathy (eg, limb hypoplasia, microcephaly, muscle atrophy, cataracts, and mental retardation). Prenatal ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging have been used to document the extent of tissue damage in fetal varicella syndrome.

Answer by Monika
If you have chicken pox and you get pregnant your baby would be at serious risk of developing deformaties and health problems. I suggest you use a form of contraception such as condoms UNTIL you are fully clear of the chicken pox, if you want a healthy baby.

What do you think? Answer below! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).
Do you find what you need? Look here!


Orignal From: I have chicken pox what is the effect if possibly I get pregnant?

No comments:

Post a Comment