5/20/11

Shingles and pregnant women?


Shingles and pregnant women?My boyfriend has shingles, I have had chicken pox so I'm not concerned about me, my concern is I am around a pregnant woman about 5 days out of the week, is there any way I can pass it to her if I hang out with my boyfriend?

Answer by Daniel
you get shingles because of the chicken pox. that means that although your husband has shingles, it cannot by any means be transferred to you, but anyone who has had the chicken pox can get shingles. the shingles virus, the same as chicken pox vericella-zoster, hides within the nerve cell endings and is released by either randomness or stress.shingless is not by any possible means a transferable virus, you will not be able to get shingles from you husband, and the pregnant women cannot contract it from you (or your husband).

Give your answer to this question below! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: Shingles and pregnant women?

No comments:

Post a Comment