5/17/11

To vaccinate with chicken pox vaccine?


To vaccinate with chicken pox vaccine?My son has a 15 month check up today and I am debating if I should get him the chicken pox vaccine. We have made our own vaccine guideline and we only get one shot at a time and he didn't get some vaccines at all. Chicken pox in most cases is not serious unless one has a compromised immune system. My son is healthy. If someone catches it, it is treatable, unlike some other diseases. The controversial ingredients are: MSG, DNA and proteins from human cells, and cow fetus serum. Now some side effects of the vaccine: rash, flu-like symptons, bleeding problems, pneumonia, skin infections, Guillain-Barre and brain inflammation. This vaccine, as in all vaccines, do not prevent the disease, it just makes the disease will be milder. Before this vaccine was made, chicken pox was a "no big deal" deal. Once the vaccine was made the manufacture has made people fear it. Plus if they catch chicken pox, hey guess what, life long immunity, which is far better than, if I get the shot I can still catch it. Any opinions will help. Please do not tell me about the "can't go to school thing", because, in most states, your child can go to school, because there are laws in place for religious reasons and just because I do not want them to have it.

Answer by Alexander Spencer
Im 16, my parents thought since they had chicken pox and so do many other people and plus you can't catch it twice, they didn't get me the vaccine. I got it as I remember at about 6, not really a big deal just used the good ol' witch hazel and in a couple of weeks, GOOD AS NEW! I have no health problems and never did, it's sometimes good to test the immune system with the chicken pox, its considered by many doctors to be a test run for the child/adult system.

Hope this settles your mind a bit!

I DO AGREE WITH THE VACCINE THOUGH, it does prevent from shingles however that can be remedied by conventional medicine. Make up your own mind though! Speak to other parents aswell perhaps? Thats what my parents' advice is.

Answer by MummyOfTwo
My 18 month old son was given the chicken pox vaccine a few days ago, and I have not once thought not to get him vaccinated. The possible side effects are worse than the chicken pox themselves, but all in all, they are only POSSIBLE side effects, not guaranteed. If your baby is healthy, then he shouldn't have any side effects.
Another reason I was adament I wanted him to have the vaccine was on the off chance he never caught chicken pox as a child. I know of several men who didn't catch it as a child, but when they got it when they were adults, it caused many health problems for them then.
I understand that needles are not the most pleasant thing to inflict on a child, and there are some horror stories out there about some vaccines, but in my view, two minutes of crying is better than what could happen if your child doesn't get the vaccine and ends up with chicken pox later.
Ultimately, the choice is your's, but if he's healthy, then his body should be able to work well with the vaccine and there should be no issues with it.
Good luck.

Answer by Josephine
I didn't get either of my kids that vaccine.

It's a "money maker" in my opinion. If they get the vaccine, they have to get a booster later. What happens if they miss that booster? They'll get the chicken pox as an adult ..... a.k.a. when they're deadly. I didn't want to take that chance, I want my kids to have a life long immunity.


*** see? person above me doesn't understand. Her kid has more of a risk of getting the chicken pox as an adult! and that was her main concern! You need to research people!

Some people say "well if you get the chicken pox, you can get shingles". True. And you can get shingles if you get the vaccine too.

Also, getting the chicken pox is just a good opportunity to build a child's immune system. You can't keep every little germ off of a child, their body needs to learn how to fight. How does it grow and learn how to fight? By getting 'no big deal' illnesses like the chicken pox.

YOU CAN GET AN EXEMPT FORM FOR SCHOOL/DAYCARE. by law, you don't NOT have to get your child vaccinated.


Once again ..... you can still get shingles if you get the vaccination.

Answer by Meems
I have scars all over my body from the chicken pox I got when I was little, I wish the vaccine had been available back then. Because I have had the actual chicken pox virus (it's a herpes virus) it will stay inactive in my spinal cord fluid and can crop up as shingles later in life, a very painful condition. My children are receiving the vaccine for multiple reasons: to prevent the disease, to prevent shingles later in life, to prevent possibly spreading the disease to immunocompromised people and finally, to prevent any potential complications from catching the actual virus- like scarring.

And just as a side note- the chances of having a complication from the disease itself are much higher than the chance of having a reaction to the vaccination.

Answer by Mom 120309
In my opinion, I think kids should not have to get this shot. I don't agree that some states require kids to have this shot in order to go to school especially since there are serious side effects. Chicken pox are like a right of passage as a kid...it is is safer for them to get when they are younger than older. I think this country has become so focused on preventive drugs and forgetting about the side effects. In most cases, chicken pox are not detrimental to a child's health. Parents should be able to make this choice - not the state.

What do you think? Answer below! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).
Do you find what you need? Look here!


Orignal From: To vaccinate with chicken pox vaccine?

No comments:

Post a Comment