5/22/11

Why don't people talk about herpes when so many people have it according to statistics?


Why don't people talk about herpes when so many people have it according to statistics?If there isn't a cure, it's just spreading and some people are in denial and call them "cold sores" but those are herpes too. Did you know that even chicken pox are a type of herpes? So, if most of us had chicken pox as a child, then that means that most of us carry the virus but it's just most likely dormant. How did herpes become such a taboo subject when so many people are walking around with it but AIDS is okay to talk about? I was just wondering and I coulnd't find an answer anywhere. I guess people are too afraid to ask....

Answer by BROWN S
I have been asking this same question for a while now. I 've read somewhere that in approx. 10 years, the number of people infected with herpes is going to go from 1 in 4 to 1 in 2. And it should be easier to talk about than AIDS, for one, herpes doesn't cause you to die!
Sometimes I feel like shouting it to the world, so I can get the weight off my shoulders, but I'm ---I'm too ashamed and afraid of the rejection. For me, this is the reason why I don't speak about it. But I do know that if more people talk about it, it wouldn't be so hard to meet others locally with the gift. Right now, I feel like I'm the only person in Miami, FL with the "gift".

Answer by msshan2001
people do talk about it. there's a lot of questions on this site alone where people as questions about herpes.

Give your answer to this question below! Chicken Pox - Family Health Guide
Get the facts on the chickenpox vaccine, treatment, causes (varicella zoster virus, VZV), symptoms and signs (itchy, red rash).


Orignal From: Why don't people talk about herpes when so many people have it according to statistics?

No comments:

Post a Comment